The Temper tent (Tent Extendable Modular Personnel NSN #: 8340-01-185-2628) has a highly flexible layout which is ideal for numerous environments and weather conditions. This tent utilizes common segments that allow for a great number of adjustments.The Temper tent can be extended to a length of eight-foot increments and can be erected in 40 minutes; minimal manpower required- five personnel max.
The Temper (20’ x 32’) has a floor area of 640 sq. ft. The temper tent has an aluminum frame and is primarily covered with a vinyl-coated polyester duck cloth that is fire, mildew, and water resistant. The tents covering also has particular coatings which reduce its visual and electronic characteristics to support concealment from surveillance.This Temper tent is fitted with features that allows both heating and air conditioning.
These tents designs vary in size to better suit the maximum number of personnel; smaller size Temper shelters have utility functions that are available for professional, medical or kitchen configurations. The largest standard form, it can be assembled into a dining facility which can seat a maximum of up to 1,100people.
The tent extendable modular personnel shelter represents the most dramatic improvement in military tent age since World War II. The military shelter is equipped with a brand-new, leak-free, heat sealed outer shell system. This shelter design is made to withstand various weather conditions, including desert, tropical and temperate climates.
The Temper tent comes in two outer cloth colors: camo green and desert tan; these colors are designed to provide camouflage against the intended terrain and are visual and electronic suppressive with a blackout coating for protection from night optic vision gear.
The Temper tents main material components include of a window section, an entrance and exit door section as well as a wind resistant fly. The fly protects the roof of the shelter and provides supporting insulation. Utility support for these tents includes electrical service for lighting, convenience outlets, and provisions for heating and cooling.
Specifications and Features
- Leak-free, heat sealed, blackout material outer shell system with optional wind resistant fly.
- Designed to withstand various climates and weather conditions including rain, snow, high winds and tropical environments.
- Fire, mildew, and water resistant
- Complexes with MGTPS and Air Force Small Shelter System.
- Folding aluminum interior frame system; it requires minimum guy ropes and stakes for quick setup.
- Expandable in eight-foot increments with an addition of a roof/wall sections.
- Multiple configurations can be achieved with interchangeable roof/wall sections.
- Designed to withstand 50 MPH wind load and also gusts up to 65 MPH.
- Available in forest green or desert tan colors.
||20' x 32'
||640 sq. ft
||123 cu. ft
||12.29 poly duct